Wednesday 7 May 2014

Holy Water Bottle Label design

I created this design using Photoshop. I started by finding a suitable bottle label that appeared simple and had a lot of room for text (the vitamin water label). I used the same font as the original label - Helvetica Neue Condensed (light and heavy) to make the label look as real as possible.
I then blocked out all of the text I didn't want using the shape tool, along with the eyedropper tool to select the exact colour I needed and the paint bucket tool to fill the shape.
Using my research of bible extracts about water/nutrition, I inserted the most relevant extracts onto the label. I chose this subject so that the extracts on the bottle would still be relevant to the bottle, and so it would all have the same theme.
I then bought a vitamin water bottle and measured the label to ensure I could print my label to the same size. I could then stick it onto the bottle.

 
 
 


I feel the label is effective as it looks like a real label, and nothing out of the ordinary can be spotted on it right away. However on closer inspection the inauthenticity of it becomes clear, and it draws the viewer in making them want to read all of the text included on the label to spot every change to it. This is what I aimed to do and so the label has been a success.
If I were to do this again I would experiment with a more complex label, maybe with some imagery on it that I could manipulate. However this would have taken a lot more time and may have effected my plan/schedule.
With more time I may also have been able to make a range of these labels, perhaps all with a different Christianity related theme.
Leading on from this I am going to start making some of my other ideas so I will have a range of work, enabling me to select the most successful work for the exhibition.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. birthday water bottle labels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. Food label designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. This blog is really unique and amazing. It is really helpful and explained very well. keep it up and keep sharing. Also, know all the details about Bottle Labeling Machine Here.

    ReplyDelete