Wednesday 21 May 2014

Bible cover

Throughout making my other final pieces, I have been developing this Bible cover. This is to ensure the doodles it includes were created at different moments of creativity and boredom (and so created in the same way as regular doodles commonly are). My aim was to create a natural doodled aesthetic by doing this.

I based the doodles on anything to do with Christianity, which I researched and recorded in my research folder. I chose to use a HB and 3B pencil to ensure there was a small range of tones, and because when doodling I (and many other people) are likely to only have a pencil on them, or are likely to choose a pencil over any other material. It is the safest material to use when doodling as it can easily be rubbed out and applied in many different tones.

 
I feel the design has been successful as it appears natural and visually interesting. It includes a range of doodles, from symbols to typography to more detailed tonal drawings.
It doesn't appear to cause any offence or controversy, and so could be a more visually interesting, aesthetically pleasing, and contemporary way of presenting bibles in the future!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment